The surgical outcome is strongly influenced by the location and total size of incisions. The three most frequent squint surgery incisions are MISS, at the limbus, and in the fornix.
- Go to PubMed and type in search box „minimally invasive eye surgery“
General aspects about how to start with MISS
- You need good surgical skills and surgico-anatomical knowledge before starting with MISS.
- Therefore, you should be skilled in open surgery before switching to MISS.
- Although you can perform MISS with magnifying glasses the use of a microscope is advocated.
- If you switch to a microscope first perform several procedures with your own technique before starting with MISS.